QLD BAG BAN
The Queensland Government has enforced a state-wide ban on single-use plastic bags.
Woolworths will no longer provide single use plastic bags from the 20 June, 2018 and Coles from the 1 July, 2018.
To assist with the transition, we ask all customers to bring their own reusable shopping bags or purchase one today.
The ban applies to the following bags:
– lightweight plastic bags, less than 35 microns thick, with handles (‘singlet’ bags), including those deemed biodegradable,degradable or compostable.
This regulation applies to all retailers – including supermarkets, convenience stores, take-away food stores, pharmacies, liquor stores and other retail businesses.
The ban does not apply to the following bags:
– barrier bags for unpackaged perishable foodstuffs (typically fruit and vegetable and deli-style bags)
– woven or fabric bags (like ‘green’ bags)
– heavier-weight plastic bags (like those used by department stores)
– bags that are integral to a product’s packaging (such as a bread bag)
– kitchen tidy bags
For more information on the bag ban click here.