We are delighted to announce that our $50 million redevelopment works are now underway for our exciting revamp of the centre’s northern end. The staged works are anticipated to be completed in the first quarter of 2023. Listed below is a snapshot of everything that will be happening.
Redevelopment works for Australia Fair Shopping Centre will include:
- Architectural upgrades of the northern end of the centre from the Nerang Street entry through to Woolworths on the ground floor and the northern mall on level 1.
- Upgrades to the Marine Parade outer façade.
- A new pedestrian entry off Marine Parade including lift and ramp access.
- A modern, new stylish functional parents’ room.
- Two new amenity facilities.
- Skylight roof replacement program throughout the centre.
- Introduction of Broadwater Lane offering an enhanced food and beverage experience with 11 operators.
- A new 600m2 Asian supermarket, 2 additional food kiosks, PappaRich and Nene Chicken restaurants.
- Opposite Australia Post the introduction of 1900m2 Planet Fitness and the opportunity of a roof top bar and restaurant.
Nerang St Entry:
This entrance is open for public use however a temporary undercover walkway has been installed from the entrance doors to JB Hi-Fi along with scaffolding on the Nerang St entry facade. This has been installed for public safety so we can build our beautiful new entry and replace the current roof in this area.
The escalators from the ground floor next to JB HI-FI to Australia Post are currently CLOSED so we can replace them with new escalators. We anticipated that the new escalators will be operational by October 2022. Alternate access is required via the lifts or escalators near Katies on the ground floor or near Hotel Pacific on level 1.
All parking areas except for the northern end of the basement car park will remain open for use, including Australia Fair’s multi-level car park, as well as the adjacent Australia Fair Metro car park. We will continue to keep you up to date with our changes.
Amenities – Level 1 next to Helloworld Travel.
These amenities are currently CLOSED to make way for a completely new layout and facilities featuring a bold new contemporary design for our Parents’ Room, Disabled, Male and Female amenities. It is anticipated that these works will be completed in this month. Please follow the floor markings to the closest amenities which are situated as follows:
Disabled and Parents’ Room: Ground floor next to Mister Minit.
Male and Female Toilets: Level 1 – Next to Pets at Play or Ground Floor.
Some of our stores have relocated into new locations:
- Noni B has moved next to Rockmans on the ground floor.
- Penney’s Kitchen & Homewares is now located on level 1 opposite Mr Toys Toyworld.
- Happy Feet is expanding their store on the level 1.
We are delighted to introduce the following new stores to the centre:
- Priceline Pharmacy is now open on the ground floor next to Millers.
- The King Barber is now open next to Prouds.
- GeSS Education have opened their new shopfront opposite QBD Book.
The centre will remain completely accessible to the public throughout the duration of construction. All entrances will remain open, with most retailers continuing trade during this time.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the centre.
E: [email protected] or P: 07 5556 6600
After Hours: Please call Security M:0438 452 248
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the upgrade works.