Justice of the Peace
TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
Witnessing services (including JPs in the Community Program volunteer signing sites) are currently suspended. Volunteers will not be attending JPs in the Community signing sites within the affected areas during the lockdown period.
The Justice of the Peace volunteers are authorised to witness and attest many documents such as:
- Certify copies of original documents
- Statutory Declarations
- Witness the signing of Power of Attorney and Guardianship documents (Providing the JP is satisfied with the capability of the signatory)
When visiting the Justice of the Peace volunteers we recommend that you bring your own pen, and ensure you wash your hands before and after handling documents. We all play a part in keeping our community safe, and customers are expected to adhere to public health rules whilst visiting Australia Fair, this includes:
- Staying 1.5 metres away from those around you
- Remembering the 1 person per 4 square metre rule
- Hand and respiratory hygiene – washing your hands regularly and covering your face with a flexed elbow or tissue if you sneeze or cough
- Staying home if you are unwell
We look forward to seeing you soon, and thank you for your support.
Level 1, near Australia Post.